We are so excited for our field trip to the rocky shore next Tuesday!!! Today we created a Rocky Shore book, and we learned about barnacles and plankton. Students need to be prepared for the rocky shore trip... be sure to pack all of the items on your child's checklist. It looks like rain on Tuesday, so plan on packing a raincoat too!
Here's the checklist info, in case it got lost in the end-of-year madness:
Field Trip Checklist Reminder for Students and Chaperones
If you have packed these items, you are ready to go!
IN A BACKPACK (Please fit everything in their backpacks):
- extra socks and shoes/sneakers for the ride home
- jacket or sweatshirt (it is always cold)
- 2 towels (1 to sit on, 1 to dry off with)
- extra change of clothes (complete set) for bus ride home
- plastic bag for wet clothes
- snack for the bus ride to the beach
- snack for the bus ride home
- a drink to go with lunch (no glass)
ON YOUR BODY:
- old sneakers that can get wet – NO SANDALS OR WATER SHOES – THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE
- suntan lotion
- long pants for the rocky beach
- layered clothing works great
* * * It may be warm in New Boston the morning of the trip, but it is ALWAYS much cooler by the water.