This week’s focus is about sharing traditions!
What traditions do you know about?
- Reading and spelling words with three letter blends str-, spr-, scr-, thr-
- Words to Know: before, front, heard, push, tomorrow, your
- READ: Spring Birthday Click on the book Spring Birthday. Before you read, click on the arrow on the left side of the screen to check out the Phonics/Fluency pages (280-281) Click on the speakers to listen to information about the spelling patterns. Look for words with these patterns as you read Spring Birthday. You can listen to it being read, or try reading it independently.
TO DO: Go to Seesaw to complete the Family Traditions activity.
TO DO: Journal - Finish your weather tracking!
- Additional spelling and grammar work can be found on the Enrichment tab.
- A Spring Birthday comprehension activity is available in Enrichment
Lesson 9-4 Review of Fractions, Clocks, and Fact Fluency
Today’s Skill: Review of clocks: hour and half-hour, fractions, fact fluency
Go to Lesson 9-4 and click on Boxes: 6 (try the Facts Inventory Record), 7 (Telling Time), and 8 (Math Boxes).
Note to parents: Now that most of you have Math Journals at home, you may choose to have your child work in there this week to cut back on screen time. For today, instead of going online, students could complete Math Journal pages 195 and 196 and Facts Inventory pages 217-219. Math Journal page 195 can then be uploaded into Seesaw for the TO DO below.
TO DO: In Seesaw - Math Journal page 195, Review of Clocks